Our next Virtual Choir performance is "The Star-Spangled Banner" which will be played in Minute Maid park at an upcoming Astros game!
Here's how to participate:
1. Learn your part of the song by watching the rehearsal video and downloading the sheet music.
2. Make a recording of yourself singing your part
- Connect your headphones to your computer and play the foundational video for your part
--- You must be wearing headphones and you must be singing along to the foundational video.
- Record yourself with your phone
-- Record in PORTRAIT mode (that's the mode where the phone is up vertically, not laying on its side (landscape).
--- Ideally, wear whatever you typically wear for your job.
--- Keep the background clutter free and make sure you are in a quiet environment
--- After you are done singing, be still for 1-2 seconds before turning the recording off.
After you have a recording that you are satisfied with....
3. Upload your video
- If you're using the "Mail" app on your iPhone, attach the video and use the "Maildrop" feature and send to email@example.com.
- If you are using Google Drive or Dropbox, share it with firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you've tried all of these options and still can't get the file to me, send me an email at email@example.com and I will try to assist.
The deadline for submissions is Monday, August 10, 2020 at midnight.